Back to homepage
This picture was taken around 1915-1920 before the dam in Rapid City broke. The Old Iron Bridge had many names, the first on record was the East Townline Bridge. Mr. Joseph Mariage passed this picture down through his family over the years. The bridge was a major thru-way for the residents of Clearwater Township and pioneers from the north until the bridges were built in town and west of this bridge at Kellogg Road. Eventually, the Glade Valley Road became dead-ended north of the bridge because of lack of use.
Jim Woodruff with his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Lamb, and his 2 children. Photo taken at the Old Iron Bridge in 1942. Mr. and Mrs. Lamb owned hundreds of acres north of the bridge.
Click to enlarge